This recipe is taken from the website Resourceful Cook. A fantastic website where you can input how many people you’re cooking for, over how many days, and it provides you with a meal plan AND a shopping list. Easy peasy!
Baked chicken in a Parmesan and oat crust with low-carb grilled asparagus, watercress salad, and mustard dressing.
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 100g of asparagus tips
- half a 75g bag of watercress
- 40g of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 30g of porridge oats
- 1/2 tsp English mustard
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp plain white flour
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 35 mins
- Oven temp: 200c
- Price per person: £3.24
- Calories per serving: 463
- 5-a-day per serving: 0.9
- Preheat the oven. To make the mustard dressing, mix the white wine vinegar, mustard, garlic, sugar and 2 tbsp olive oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Grate 20g of the Parmesan and mix with the rolled oats, rosemary and a pinch of salt and pepper. Use a sharp knife or vegetable peeler to shave the remaining Parmesan and set aside to serve with the salad.
- Dust the chicken with the flour and shake off any excess. Dip the chicken in the egg white until thoroughly coated and then coat in the oat mixture. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- 10 minutes before the end of the baking time, preheat the grill, brush 1 tbsp olive oil over the asparagus and grill for 6-8 minutes, or until tender.
- To serve, divide the chicken and asparagus between two plates and drizzle half the dressing over the asparagus. Toss the remaining dressing with the watercress and Parmesan shavings and serve on the side.
This recipe was for two people, but can be very easily doubled up for a family of four.
Give it a try!